Full Moon Tiny Shelters The Harmony Tiny House on Wheels

Facebook Comments

< 9 comments >

Martha October 11, 2014, 3:42 pm

Very attractive both inside and out. Ive commented before that I couldnt deal with a ladder at night when needing to go to the bathroom, but for a younger person it probably wouldnt be an issue, and the ladder looks more angled than some, which seem to be straight up and down. I didnt notice a shower.

Reply Link Heidi October 11, 2014, 6:40 pm

Nice. and interested since you are very local. But wow up to $300,000? I guess in that case it wouldnt be in order to get out of a mortgage.

Reply Link

Paul October 12, 2014, 6:04 am

Where on EARTH do you get $300,000 from? Ive searched the site and the nearest I can find is $50,000 which is like, you know, $250,000 short of the figure you mention.

They talk of a figure of $250-$300 per square foot. So a construction of 150 sq feet comes in at about $45,000 @ $300 per sq ft.

Reply Link

Brooke Richardson October 11, 2014, 8:38 pm

I think that people who build tiny homes could really benefit from studying Feng Shui. Sharp angles and pointed edges are not conducive to harmonious living. For one thing they hurt people and they look like they would hurt. In a small space problems are amplified. Very few of these homes would I ever live in for any length of time. The Gypsy Caravan design is the best I have seen.

Reply Link alice h October 12, 2014, 10:29 am

I like the way people are starting to expand onto the trailer tongue more often, also liking that side entry and lots of glazing. I can see getting nice and cozy around that stove while you enjoy the view. Not so keen on the hallway created by placing the sink in the middle but it could be to keep plumbing off an outside wall for winter use.

Had a good chuckle over Ben Lunts comments. Practicality wins over pointless proselytising in my book.

Could you please recommend the best book or website for the novice regarding solar power systems for tiny homes? Im rebuilding a vintage camper trailer and want to be able to camp off grid. I love the whole tiney house movement!

www.unforgettablefirellc.com/kimberly-wood-stove/ ) I have no financial connection with kimberly.

Also like your philosophical musings on FB :) Take care and best wishes. Really nice work.

Reply Link Steve October 13, 2014, 10:08 pm

Nice little pad & well appointed. I personally feel the sleeping loft is also too claustrophobic and lacking headroom such as it is. I believe that a Gambrel Roof or even a slightly taller wall configuration with a Curved Roof would have afforded more space in that regard. A gentle curved roof design similar to what would have been found on later 1800s railroad cars, shallow with a primary ridge beam, or even with clerestory windows @ the top similar to this concept below:

Or like this old English Showmans Living Van

Talk about Old Tyme Tiny Houses. Many excellent ideas in those old caravans and showman cars. Im stealing ideas & solutions from many turn of the century ones like the above for building my Tiny Home (presently under construction)

PS: No Time to blog about it now (tiz October and I need to be in it before the Canadian big snows) but taking photos and documenting for later blogging.

Reply Link Bruce October 14, 2014, 1:39 pm

Cute but the shed roof high point is on the wrong side. You will whack every low hanging tree branch and could tear it up pretty badly. If you stay on just freeways and roads with large shoulders you should be fine. Tow it out into the more rural settings and you will tear it up.